Monday, March 3, 2014

my relationship with Patti

 Here I write about a part of my life ... wherein my patti , my grandma played a major role.... she really made me what I am today , be the good or be the bad .... i attribute that to the wise lady my patti, chamba patti.....

vrrrrrrr, malar pola malarginra followed by dolayam pattu ... yes guys ! it is nothing but a devotional song for the divine Mother of Aurobindo ashram......the aroma of freshly brewing filter koffee along with the smell of sandal flavoured incense sticks...... then you come to know it is going to be 6 am in the morning..... though I am well aware of whats going on... laziness from inside would cry not to wake up ....
Patti," ezundhuru d , mani ayiduthu ..... Hindi class ponum ...." me , " Patti po Patti, innum  5 minutes"......  Patti rises the  volume of the tv so that I wake up listening to some divine music ... but ?? yes I do get up but not because it is so divine , so that Patti does not rise the volume anymore.....
"Poi Palla theiiiiiii "..
" Seri , Patti..... lazily... with half opened eyes... stretching as much as possible , aimlessly finishing all the morning duties "
"Pattttti , Coffeeeeeeeee"
there arrives my freshly brewed coffee.... it is a sheer bliss to sip a koffeee... ooops "annandhu , sapdu...ecchal"....... and there comes a power which gives you the strength to achieive everything in the world... indeed koffee is a sheer bliss... I am come from a household who worship koffee,

" kuli arara ayiduthu , thanni ninnuda pordu..... kulichutu anda bucket la thanni pidichu vechudu "
" Seri , Patti"
Patti," na poitttren" ....   unlocking my captain cycle and quickly dumping my notes and books in to the cycle basket .... pedaling towards my hindi class.....

Patti," na vandutten... nazhi ayiduthu , school ku ponum "
Vandutten, " thambi ku belt podu vidu ", yes, my kutti thambi ... Gokul ... I call him pushy ....
"dei inga va da " this is none but my mami, mama 's wife calling me to have breakfast.... at that point of time myself, Gokul and Vinnaru( mama's son) grew up together ..... but all three of us are supposed to have idli dipped in Rasam along with thayir ( no body would imagine such a combo!) but this was cos it was easy to swallow and so light that we wont fall asleep and it is supposed to provide the right energy for the rest of the day.....and yes! we are now ready to go to school. Me, Gokul and Vinnaru studied together in the same school.....
Patti would be so meticulous that she will ensure if we had taken everything and managed to put everything in the bag .... I would say that she can endorse discipline in any form ! .... Such a lady one can imagine .... she is such a workaholic that she might die if she is not given any work to do and would do anything but sit idle...she also made sure that we grandchildren dont sit idle and keep doing something..... if i say that i had finished all the work for the day and that is why i am sitting idle, she would get some work arranged for me so that I am engaged .... that was the golden period of my life wherein I was excelling in everything I did ! there was no room for thoughts , empty thoughts which would make you to think too much on a problem that you end up confused , worried and stuck.
Infact most of the things that we think is a Problem because we think too much about it.... infact in my childhood i did have a lot of problems with the school, friends and many other things as any other child would face , but she never made me feel that i had problems at all..... if we just go by the flow of life without any intervention , i think most of the problems gets solved on its own.... and by intervention, I mean magnifying it and thinking it as something as a very serious issue .....if we follow a thoughtful lifestyle, you find time for everything, anything and see problem solving as something which is a part of it..... you solve it effortlessly without you yourself knowing that you are working towards it ......my grandparents were classy people who lived such a life......I was never depressed about anything at that point of time of my life .... indeed to my surprise I still wonder if I was like that once .... i not only try to recollect it often, but try my best to keep it that way ....

She all always used to say ," Be bold and face the world", heheheheh, Yes ! we would all laugh at her when she makes this statement and Yes she is someone who did not even pass 8 grade .... and always she used to say "Perumal irukkar , ellathayum pathuper... kavala padama irukkanumda thangam  ", and yes ! during my weekends and also most of the times during the weekdays I am atleast supposed to visit the karumbayiram pillaiyar koil which was located at the end of the street where we were living... and Kumbakonam, known for temples, every now and then you see customary celebrations in every temple almost every week... she made sure that we attend every of those.... the best part is to eat the prasadam ..
" Patti, Vinyogam kudutha", hehehe Patti would say ," sapdu sapdu .."

We girls today, that includes even me , expect a lot from everything... and get disappointed even at slightest problems .... Especially my patience and tolerance level has dropped several folds.... and this confidence within me fades every now and then ... sometimes i feel so bad that i feel everything in life is so unfair and life is all about worries and I am destined to only that .... I am the only one who faces the problem... there is something wrong in me ... im not fit, im fat , im this... that....... .im the one who do not get what i want...blah blah blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

if not self blaming we pester and blame every others for everything, for being so fake and distrustful ........hmphhhhhhhhhhhhhh, give me a break... Im fed up with everything .....

But, i often wonder , what is that wonder formula that my grandparents had?? they had the frustrations all that i have....infact even more .... the world has definitely been unfair with everybody ... especially the era of out grandparents ! ....  they are also human beings..... ofcourse! I would not say that she wont express anything... she did cry out all her frustrations and sometime she would be so dramatic ... I used to even call her as Emotional fool those times.... but I realize now what all had she gone through ....... she had and was going through innumerable issues that point of time .....

Whatever happens, she never failed from her daily duties.... that not only gave her a distraction but gave her a self satisfaction for the day before she slept.... Laziness was definitely something which she was not even aware of .... she always tried to impart that quality in everyone in the family .....Lifestyle and sense of discipline not only makes a person better but infact the best person in the lot .... Here I state the obvious... Ofcourse !  .....but still it took me sometime to realize all that ... I used to get angry and shout at her for pestering me always , but then now I miss her for not being with me .....

She was  perfect home maker, in every possible aspect.....  I would infact write pages on you Patti.... Today i sit back and think about you , whatever you gave me is something invaluable... Patti , you are such a genius and a person synonymous to Indomitable spirit.....Patti, you were the first person to believe in me and I cant thank you enough for all that sacrifices and time you dedicated for me !

I am not having you with me now, i miss you so much that I cant express it through words...... I cant be as perfect as you , but i know , if i follow the least of what you taught me , the life would be so much beautiful than it is !

I am still looking for someone as wonderful as you Patti ... I miss you ... no one can replace you in my life... If there is a life after death I believe your Soul will always be behind me and guide me in every aspect of my life ....
I love you Patti ... Tears .......






No comments:

Post a Comment